Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sufferin'

OK, so I get the work thing solved - although the fallout will still hurt for another couple of weeks as I get some new staff trained, but now this.

I'm whipped, dog-tired, weak-legged, and sufferin' on my rides. I got out twice this weekend from 7am-9am both mornings. It was f'n cold, but the trails were great. One problem - I have about 80% of the cardio capacity and strength as I had just a week ago. Allergies are kickin' my ass lately, and I have to believe that this is the culprit. Remember when Paolo Salvoldelli dumped an egg trying to defend his Giro d'Italia title last summer? OK -you don't remember that unless you're cycl-obsessed as I am, but he suffered immensely from spring allergies, and I'll just lump myself into the same situation (minus the bike-star status o'ccourse).

I did get a raise though, and an endorsement for another year, so at least there is some stability there. Quick hits: we're gettin' another dog this week - its time. Lyza did her first real MTB ride this weekend - conquering Campbell Mesa with ease. I was pretty proud of her for not complaining, and just riding and the resting when she needed to. It was probably a 4 mile ride on dirt - pretty good for a kid on 16" wheels. Spring break here in AZ which means a crazy week at Junipine, but busy is good as the days fly by - and then you get to get outside and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment