Thursday, March 22, 2007

TAXES and....

Lost some to the Feds, got some from the State - and netted a few hundie for the vacation fund this year. Not bad. My taxes are so simple now that I am not married to Leslie anymore. I also feel a hella' lot better about not getting audited - as in why would they choose me since my itemized deductions are simpler than a 1st grade book. I love living the simple life.

Hammered out a mud-fest ride this am before the sun was out. My bike is somewhat trashed but nothing that a good bath won't fix. I can't wait to get Lyza back on Monday so we can shred all next week after school.

I think I have reached my boiling point with regards to sports figures using their fame/notoriety as a pulpit to speak out against human rights. What I am alluding to here is Tony Dungy (HC of the Indianapolis Colts) speaking out about his opposition to gay marriage by saying that "the Lord is on his side with this issue"
a) Tony - you must be referring to your Lord because yours isn't mine
b) OK - so being a father, I get the positive side of having parents of each gender involved with kids, but the point is having two great parents, which can be any gender in my mind

I'm tired of Christian right-wingers. I'm tired of their beliefs bleeding into politics and human right issues. If you believe in God/Allah/Buddah and it makes you a better person - wonderful. Just don't tell me about it, and just don't say that your beliefs are "right" because you share them with your Lord. Nobody's right.....stop trying to make the word FAITH a synonym for Christianity.

I've only scratched the surface of this - more later....

1 comment:

  1. You are preaching to the choir my brotha'...

    Dont even get me started on all that...

    ReplyDelete