Sunday, May 13, 2007

FINALLY

After a 5am wakeup from the dogs, a walk at sunrise, off to work, back home - change - soccer game for Lyza....I got out on the Scalpel. Great ride, just a great ride. It all went by so fast, that I was home before I knew it . Sometimes I think about things when I ride, but today was different. I bolted out and it was over in 2 hours - almost as if time just stopped. Ahhhh well. Walked the dogs again - they were psycho - and ate some burritos for dinner.

I have some COMP time from this weekend, so I'll take some Monday. Maybe a 1/2 day of work, a road ride - and the D gets back from Hawaii. Can't wait!

Speaking of the Scalpel - riding gears after a 6 month hiatus feels pretty damn good. I still love the Rig, but damn if it doesn't feel good to shift, and to ride the steep stuff that a SS can't do. I think I'm in love again, and fortunately, I already own the bike.....cause cash ain't growing on the trees in my back yard.

The piece of sh*t 3 houses down from us is selling for $400K. 1700 square feet, a small lot and nothing special about the house other than the location. This town is going through the damn roof. Its a wonder anyone can afford to live/work here. We're one lost job away from getting bounced ourselves......there's no way one of us could stay home and do kid/house duties. Hopefully, we can hang for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I was just getting ready to fork out the dough for a single and then this... No worries it will be on soon enough.

    ReplyDelete