Saturday, May 12, 2007

White Guy Problems

1.) I bought a new laptop and I'm having a hard time configuring it for my secure wireless network
2.) My full suspension Cannondale Scalpel is a love/hate relationship
3.) Banana Republic is out of Khakis

Allright, #3 is a famous George Carlin quote. Looking at the real issues out there, my stresses and concerns are pretty pathetic. I'm beginning to think that part of the reason I don't have a TV is so I can keep my ignoramus state of mind where life is good, the weather is great, and all I have to do is go to work, hang with my girls and dogs, chill with my friends, and ride my bikes. The good part of all this is that I didn't even know who/what Paris Hilton was until almost a year after her rise to infamy - but the flipside is that I have my head in the sand when it comes to genocide in Darfur, the rebuilding process in New Orleans, and some of the major issues in our state including water supply.

Ever seen those bumper stickers that say Think Globally, Act Locally.....well...that's my approach. I believe in bringing canvas bags to the grocery store instead of contributing to the ridiculous volume of plastic bags that invariably end up in the woods - biodegrading in 1000 years. I believe in questioning our local politicians and making them accountable for their decisions. I believe in high mileage vehicles so I drive a TDI Jetta. Conversely, I leave lights on at home, I'll ride in friends pimped-out SUV's, and I have never run for political office. I try, but I'm pretty f'n hypocritcal when I look at the full picture. F*ck...when am I gonna figure out this puzzle.

Well off to work and then some yardwork, and then a phat 5 hour MTB ride tomorrow to get ready for The Whiskey 50 next weekend. You know, more white guy problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment