Thursday, May 31, 2007

KARMA?

Holy sh*t I must have done something right, because this store just opened up in Cottonwood which means I finally have a Cannondale dealer within a reasonable drive. Fortunately the store owner is on our cycling team - but so far he's been less than helpful in the 'discount' department, but more than helpful in finding good options for me. I'll support that any day, as I know he has to make a living too. I've been jonesing for a LEFTY for a while, and they have a trade-in program for old Headshoks like mine. Of course - this means a new wheelset too since all of Cannondale's stuff is proprietary. And while I'm getting a new tubeless wheelset, that means new tires too. This sport can be a money pit - but new bling is so damn fun. Good thing I'm not into Motocross or I'd be dropping several grand on this upgrade.

You know its a slow news day when the top headlines are about a Russian Spy, a women with insufferable morning sickness, and some Miss USA chick who fell on the stage and was booed by the Mexican crowd. At least Kobe Bryant is stirring it up in the NBA, and the Twins are on a 4- game winning streak after sweeping the Sox.

Full moon road ride tonight up to the Ski resort after squirty goes to bed - can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is time for a total upgrade. I cant imagine after the "stress" Big Steve put on that bike and the miles you have on it that it has much life left. I thought I remember a guy jonesing for something with 29" wheels and gears.

    ReplyDelete