Wednesday, January 23, 2008

55 more minutes on the rollers last night....

had me feeling pretty good except for my nearly numb scrotum. The one bad thing about rollers is you can't get off your seat, and pedal standing up - or else you'll rocket off the front and into your TV or wall or whatever is in front of you. So after nearly 60 minutes sitting down, the ol' scrote starts to become uncomfortably numb. I guess I could get one of those huge-ass gel padding seats, but that would probably throw off my bike fit and cause some knee or back problem. 55 minutes is plenty, and THIS place opens soon - so it'll be nice to attend some spin classes that are motivating. Yeah, I know - the graphics make it look like it'll be some Oxygen/Oprah Winfrey studio, but the people running the place are serious jocks so I hope to get something out of it.

Starting Friday, I'll be able to get in 5 consecutive rides (road and MTB) in an effort to bulk up for the battle known as the Ol' Pueblo. I'll be working 3-11 every night next week so I can ride in the mornings before work. Get out the lobster gloves, the Gore legwarmers, and the neoprene thermo jacket. Yeah - it ain't Wisconsin weather, but anything below 45 degrees is cold to me.

My old boss, Jaymes Humel - the hard driving sales guy at Mold In Graphics would be proud of Lyza. She blew her Girl Scout cookie sales quota out of the water in one day. I brought her to Junipine and sorta' force fed the staff to buy cookies. There's nothing worse than your boss bringing his kid into work and saying, without really saying, "buy some cookies from my kid or I'll remember it come compensation review time". I limit myself to doing this only once a year since I hate being put in that position myself. But everyone loves GS cookies anyway so at the end of the day, no harm - no foul. Needless to say we sold 45 boxes at work, and sold the rest after school to our neighbors. I haven't even shaken down Ellsie yet, but now that he knows we're targeting him, he may suddly not be home for the next two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. John's wife is certainly more attractive than Hillary's wife.

    Lyza, nice use of leverage. Sell, sell, sell.

    From my daily Ops call today: "We had an unforeseen issue occur and we may have found a fix but we're not sure we got the smoking gun. We've assembled a special task team to closely monitor the situation so that if the beast rears it's ugly head again we can better and more quickly identify and slay it." Anything strike you as cliche there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude - you have got to be kidding me with that Ops call. IS that the Time/Warner way of saying: "Two employees quit on the spot today over low wages again, and we have temps ready to go but we don't know who's orchestrating these coordinated uprisings. John and Mike are going to threaten the line workers with deportation if they rebel again"

    ReplyDelete