Thursday, January 3, 2008

Having been at work a lot over the holidays, I have taken every opportunity to get on the trails in between work and sleep. So far this week - 4 1/2 hours of riding. Today - I'm off to Phoenix for a company party, and on the way I'll be stopping for a little 3 hour mountain bike adventure at South Mountain Park. As much as I despise Phoenix, this park has it all. Steep drops, smooth granite, rocky and painful descents and climbs and above all - it'll be 72 this afternoon. Wrap it up with a big seafood dinner and call it a day.

HA HA! The Iowa Caucuses are today. It's amazing to me that this event has so much to do with an election that is 11 months away. I heard this morning that one candidate alone has paid for as many as 8000 television ads in Iowa. What the hell? Couldn't we use that money to, say, pay down the debt that our pathetic leaders have run up over the past seven years? My boy McCain will probably come in a distant 3rd or 4th place behind God-fearing candidates Romney and Huckabee.

D enrolled at NAMTI (Northern Arizona Massage Therapy Institute). She starts a 6 month program next week - graduating in June. Does this mean I'll get the spouse hookup with regards to massages? Heck no - I bet she'll be too tired to work out my kinks after 8 hours of class M-Th. BUT, I'm pretty excited for her and for us. It'll give her a new career path and a great opportunity to continue making a living in our little mountian town.

Snow tonight through Sunday means skinning up Snowbowl at sunrise. It should be a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment