Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rooooolllllliiiinnnnnn…

Damn brah – in the last week, its been 3 hours of road riding on wet and snowy roads + 4 ½ hours on the rollers. 7 ½ hours of ride time isn’t gonna get me on any podiums soon, but I probably will not explode or implode for that matter in Tucson. If it weren’t for Old Pueblo, I’d be boarding almost exclusively – and probably working more too.

I have a buddy who has a Super Bowl ticket. Bought it for $700. Won’t sell it for $4K to a broker. He wants to see the Patriots go 19-0. I politely informed him that he could sell the ticket, buy a HUGE ass HD TV, pay for the signal for a year, have enough left over for a colossal kegger with his moocher friends (me included), and celebrate the 19-0 season in the comfort of his home with a great view of the game. Doesn’t matter – he’s going. If it were me and I had been smart enough to invest in two tickets to this game, I’d buy a new Bianchi, book a trip to Italy, drink a ton of Moretti and Peroni in between rides, rent a Lamborghini for a day, and eat until my guts exploded – all thanks to the two tickets to the Super Bowl. For what it’s worth, I hope the Giants win by a point with their backup quarterback since the thought of another Manning winning a Super Bowl makes me want to hurl…..see why I don’t bet on games?!

No comments:

Post a Comment