Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm dreaming of this, this, and I was dreaming of this......but I didn't get in. I was pretty psyched about the possibility of getting into the SSWC, but I'm sure my lack of 'palmares' contributed to the fact that I didn't make the cut. The first two events/places are slated for February visits. We have a sausage fest of guys going to Utah for 4 days of boarding, skiing, beer, gas, trash-talk and not a whole lotta sleep. Then Old Pueblo which will prove to be merely a way to train for the spring/summer events. I haven't ridden a bike in 2 weeks, and I need to get through this stretch of commitments before that starts again.

In between errands for Pops today, I got in 1/2 hour of skating at the rink, and then I popped over and rented Kill Bill Vol. 1. Yes - I know, I'm only what...5 or 6 years behind the release date? It was worth it. Uma Thurman is smokin', Tarantino wrote a great script, and it's definately worth the $2.00 rental. You don't have to look too hard for the dark humour either - it comes at you like splattered blood, and there's plenty of that.

Tomorrow, family starts arriving for the weekend memorial. Thankfully so, because I'm ready for a reprieve. If you offered me a Vicodin with a beer chaser, I'd take it right now....turn on a movie I've seen before, and just feel the calm come over my body. I remember getting a 'scrip for Percocet and one for Hydrocodone when I had surgery, and I'd love to revisit that lucid feeling right now. However, I have neither in front of me. But I do have a pint of Haagen Dazs. That's going down right now.

3 comments:

  1. You've been a great support effort for your dad. He appreciates it.



    On another topic in this post. I may have a few naprosyn tablets left over from the early 90s during the Stormin' Norman Simmons days. I'm not that far away from you. Need a hook up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naprosyn Norm! All his sleeves are brown, and his teeth are gray. NO WAY he's still alive.....I woke up naked with my tux in a ball in the corner of the room and an empty bottle of Chivas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you are making feel better. Keep watching movies and eating ice-cream and I wont feel like such a schmuck next month.

    ReplyDelete