Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Colonics are a popular cleansing mechanism in Sedona. There are mobile colonic trucks that just roll around town like port-a-john pumpers and come right to your door - do their thing - and roll on to the next house. Having not had a 5/8" tube (help me with another word for inserted as I need to get past the visual) _________ up my a**, and having no plans for it, I prefer to be cleansed on the trails.

The post work hookup this afternoon with speedy GP failed to launch - GP had a blown out sidewall and didn't want to deal with Stans'ing it up at 5pm. I managed to get in 2.5 hours of a religious-like singletrack awakening and rolled into the driveway as the sun hit the horizon. I get asked occasionally 'why only one gear?'. My usual answer is "I've seen Jesse LaLonde race and there is no disadvantage to pushing one big-ass gear - if you can do it" Since that answer means exactly sh*t to 99% of people I know, lemme' tell ya in language that my rich and famous friends can digest. All 2 of them.

You have 120K to spend on a car, and you are looking at a Porsche and a 'Vette. With the Porsche you get status, luxury, and performance. With the 'Vette you get performance, and 50K in change to go spend on something else. Both cars get you to California in under 5 hours if you don't get caught. Liberal freaks, left-wing terroristas and Eco-warrior concerns aside from this ridiculous quandry, which one you gonna hypothetically buy?

I guess I'm saying I'm opting to rock the singlespeed with a new Mavic 29'er rim/Chris King hub wheelset, and buy some new patio furniture with the change.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the clarification. Being rich and famous it was difficult for me to understand at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd get it, Mr. Chip McDivot - Golf Pro Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shek, I'm all about single speed.

    I wanna see you hop on my Grandpa's fatty 1968 Schwinn. I wanna see someone ride a 70 lb. hunk of metal in a race.

    Ya know, like in "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" when he wins the Tour de France on his red custom cruiser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should get some Shwalbe Racing Ralph 29r's.

    ReplyDelete