Friday, May 2, 2008

Waddn't no jailbreak yessaday from work - I put in a hard effort there, and got out just in time to quickly shed the monkey suit, and throw on the lycra by 4:30pm. The plan was a group ride with Flagstaff's finest showing off their early season climbing capabilities. Me and GP picked up Stay at Home Lucky F*cker CW - who incidently seems to have tooo much time to train with both of his kids in school - and we headed out towards the climb. Warmed the legs, but not too much because the wind was howling and a cold front from freakin' Canada was barreling down. 8 riders showed up and immediately we were off.

Stat line:
164 average heart rate
9.5mph average
2000 vert
989 calories burned
38.5 minutes

Not bad stats at all, in fact it was 15 seconds slower than my personal best - into a headwind as well......but, if it weren't for a Dad who is "living my dream to be a pro cyclist vicariously through my son"and of course his daddy's goal-driven 14 year old son bringing up the rear around 4 minutes behind me, and a strong, but suicidal single speed track bike rider pushing a cadence of around 30 on the steep slopes who, incidentally, I finally caught in the final stretch.....I would have been dead f*cking last.

Back down to town, and my body is shivering from the cold. It was to the point where I began chattering my front wheel at 25+ mph and I had to mentally tell myself to 'Harden the f*ck up'. Ahhhhh...there's my house! Park the bike, strip the clown costume, into the hot tub and 40 minutes later emerge warm, but starving and somewhat incoherent. Food dump into the gullet, a Tecate that buzzed my calorie deprived body and brain, and throw on the first 45 minutes of NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN. Let me just say this: If I found a suitcase with 2mil I would - in no particular order:
-NOT, 12 hours later, go back to the place where I found the suitcase to give a dying drugrunner water.
-Not tell anyone....wife, kids, family, friends
-Remove the money from said suitcase IN CASE there were a tracking device. Then, hide the money for 2 years before I spent a dime.

F*ck I'm still cold from yesterday. I got a stable full of kids coming over tonight, so that ought to get my blood boiling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment