Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Damn.

$4.12 per gallon on the way home tonight. I carpooled with a coworker and we're carpooling tomorrow too. It's not going to drop back down again. As it probably should be. I'm now hiring hourly staff that are making around $9/hour and they are negotiating a fuel allowance at .505 cents per mile. I don't blame them - and I'll pay it - I need good people.

At our Cafe today I overheard some f*ckface say "I hope McCain gets elected so we can open up drilling in Alaska, and we can become reliant on our own oil". Like I said, this guy was a f*ckface. He's probably the same dipsh*t who thinks that because his Chevy says "Flexfuel" on the back of it he's doing us all a favor by having a vehicle capable of burning ethanol.

Ethanol, don't even get me started.

I raced on Saturday. I raced my teammate around an 18 mile singletrack maze and held him off for about a 15 second victory after around 2 hours.....no, it wasn't an official race with podium girls and prize money. It was just one of those 'looks' we gave each other and it was on. I raced myself on Monday, and pushed myself into a wall doing it. An hour and 40 minutes of self-inflicted pain that had me laid out on the floor at home with an empty mug of Espresso and crumbs leftover from six Newman Oreos, nearly asleep. I don't even remember eating dinner. Jesus, if I just had this kind of career motivation I'd be living some big existence somewhere with a drop top Benz, a really small barky dog, and three extra Sonicare Toothbrushes just because I can.

A big MTB effort tomorrow after work coming up with GP - a race I would always lose if we gave each other that 'look'. F*cking 27 year olds.....Ahh whatever, I'm faster now than when I was 27 it's just that I don't have GP's talent so I just have to eat that Jagged Little Pill, isn't that ironic - dontcha' think.

5 comments:

  1. So what's wrong with ethanol?




    (Hmmmmmm.... could that potentially start a rant?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a very unbiased perspective regarding Ethanol...

    http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2008/03/11/the-great-ethanol-debate.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what's wrong with it, and that's a good article, but what I was truly hoping for was a completely biased rant for my entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ethenol rules, it is the solution to our problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steven - I'm not falling into your trap of going OFF on Ethanol. I wanna see your rant on that topic.
    JB - you're close....MORPHINE is actually the solution to our problems. Because when you're on it, there aren't any problems

    ReplyDelete