Friday, May 30, 2008

The Man let me out of work yesterday..... late – but there was enough time to squeeze in a short road ride. It was enough time and effort to clear my cabeza and then go enjoy a cheap Thai meal with D downtown.

So my first week of official carpooling has been a success. We reduced our weekly mileage by 120 miles, which translates to roughly 4.5 gallons of gas. That’s $18.54 in gas savings + the reduced carbon emission. It doesn’t seem like a lot but I guess I’ll keep doing it as often as possible.

I’m a selfish prick. I can’t believe how inconvenienced I felt on a couple of the mornings thinking “what if I want to leave early or later – what if my schedule changes?” Well the only way my schedule would really change is if somebody called me about going on a bike ride that started at 4:30pm. I’d want to be there. Who knows, I’ll probably get used to this sooner than later.

No racing for me this weekend, as there aren’t any going on. Good luck to Josh and Steve at 9-Mile forest in Wausau WI. That is by far one of my favorite Midwest racetracks to play on.

5 comments:

  1. The man? I thought you were the man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a fictional character equivalent to the 50+ whiny people checking in yesterday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, ok, but in my book, you still da man. And remember, the customer is always right... even when they are whiny check-inners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You da' man. And thanks for the incouragement. Did you say me and Steve???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe he did.

    ReplyDelete