Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tonight is the first time I have noticed the crickets. It's been a while. It was a long winter, and this spring has been nothing short of ridiculously windy, and colder than usual. I've got a new mountain bike and my wife's last e-mail on my mind. There are quiet, but indicative noises coming from Lyza's room - she's drawing because she can't fall asleep. There was another Amy Winehouse song on the radio this afternoon, one that has stuck in my head - "Valerie". I shouldn't have posted that pic of her because it reminds me of being 15 when I couldn't look two directions and not see Billy Ocean at least once. William Ocean - the satin suit Caribbean King.

My college roommate T-Bone is getting married this weekend. I can't be there. I'm feelin' bad about that, but, something had to give. F*ck. I'll regret not being there.

What's my motivation this week? I'm not so sure right now.

2 comments:

  1. "couldn't look 2 directions and see billy ocean at least once"--
    ha!

    This is golden, Shek...

    Perfect accompaniment to Ocean's red hot shantung silk suit.
    "No more love on the ru-un!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my carribean queen! I knew you'd appreciate anything with regards to Billy Ocean. I wonder what his real name is....probably Thomas Washington?

    ReplyDelete