Monday, May 5, 2008

Yeah, yeah, I know that it is cliché to rag on chain coffee houses. The smaller chains like Caribou in the Midwest (and especially the dedicated local shops like Flagstaff's Wicked AZ Coffee) do a lot of things right, and as a former co-worker, Michael Buffoonzo (name changed of course to protect those not knowing they were quoted) once said: “Like, how can you beat paying $4.00 for a perfect coffee at a drive thru on your way to work and there’s, like, nothing, like to clean up”. Mike was lighter in the loafers than Liberace, not that there's anything wrong with that. Mike went to Starbucks 5 days a week x $4.00 per coffee x 52 weeks….that doesn’t even include weekend trips for Macchiato’s and half-caf double decafs. So $1,040 in coffee drinks – sorta ironic that 1040 is the standard tax form, cause $1,040 is more along the lines of what I would expect to get BACK in April even though Bush has already spent my money on the war, but that’s another issue.

So his approval rating is now below 30%. How the f*ck did it take so long for the working class to figure out that he’s been screwing them for 6 straight years? Why is it that even up until maybe six months ago, my (insert stereotype) contractor/jeep driver friends and their families were still in bed with President assclown and his horrendous choices? Is it a lack of education? – I don’t think so as this is more about common sense. Is it an undying belief in “faith” – both in the spiritual sense and in our leaders? Maybe.

Seriously, as gas prices have risen, this segment of my friends have grown more disenchanted with Dubya. It’s as if they didn’t give a sh*t until it impacted their ability to haul a camper to a remote place in Colorado on the weekend. It’s as if they didn’t even realize they were being screwed until they had to sell their Quads to save the gas/insurance money to fuel their Silverado’s. Until it him ‘em in the wallet – it all didn’t mean much. Now they are lecturing me on the pitfalls of Bush’s administration. I love it.

I also love riding my singlespeed. We did some trail maintenance yesterday and that is some bluddy hard work. The State Finals course is 27 hard miles – that will likely take me 3 hours and 20-30 minutes on my SS. Lyza was out there with me cutting trail yesterday too, and we missed D, as she was in Phoenix. Now….back at the saw mill.

Happy Cinco de Drinko…..tip back a Tecate or two.

4 comments:

  1. I sold my old suv to get an older suv in hopes that some kid would say that I drive an "old-fashioned car."

    $4 for coffee or $4 for a gallon of gas. Heck of a decision. Better check the octane on each liquid and decide which one you truly need more.

    Feliz Cinco de May! Cerveza? Si, pour-some-more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers for 'Old fashioned cars'. I recommend drinking running your body and your car on Convenience Store BLACK coffee....that stuff will get ya movin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "$4 for coffee or $4 for a gallon of gas. Heck of a decision. Better check the octane on each liquid and decide which one you truly need more."

    -This is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Fashioned... I got a 94' and an 80'... wait my wife is the 80'.

    ReplyDelete