Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1/19/10 in Flagtown

Another morning, another 4:30 wakeup, another shoveling job to get out of the driveway, another commute down the icy switchbacks, school is closed again, and we have 2-4 more feet of snow arriving starting tonight through Friday morning. Wow. This has been one long week of snow and it's only Wednesday.

I manned up and knocked out 10K in the snowstorm last night with my chief motivator Bodhi running by my side. Around mile 2 I concluded that I'm only running to finish respectably at our early season mountain bike races since we can't ride outdoors right now. Around mile 3 I concluded that running in the snow, in the dark, will give me a huge head start for the April/May races. Around mile 4 I got vertigo from looking down under my visor to keep snow from piling up in my eyes and almost had to stop - a nice 1 minute stretch of whoooooooaaaaaaaa dizzy. At mile 5 I saw my rooftop from the top of the last climb and though "this shit is easy, I could run all night"......When I hit the driveway at mile 6 I was D-O-N-E. The tech gear did it's job keeping me dry, but I was ready to chow down and hit the hot tub. D gave me the full rundown on the heart disease chapter of "The China Study" over seitan tacos, and me and Squirty had a snowball fight in the tub. Toasted. Lights out. See ya tomorrow for some more shoveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment