Tuesday, January 26, 2010


Every year or two I come up with not just an idea, but a brilliant idea.

Since there is now a 12 foot ice dam in front of our mailbox, we have found ourselves on the short end of the mail delivery stick, as the mailman just drives on by. Facing at least 3 hours of work with an ice pick, a spade, and a shovel, I decided on plan B.

Remove 4 screws that attach the mailbox to its post, dig a hole in the ice dam, insert the box, cover it with powder, dump a 5 gallon bucket of water on it, and that little fucker won’t move until it slowly melts with the berm. 15 minutes of work. Done.

D is going to put a little note in the box for the mailman that says “Will this work until April?” I hope he has a sense of humor.

3 comments:

  1. I love it.

    Gotta be the MN roots or your long standing relationship w/Big Steve has started rubbing off on you. Well, in that case, you also need to provide info on when the first box was made, who made it, where, out of what, what color, volume of mail it could hold, if it had a little flag, and the address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but I would not have had to make a trip back to the garage for a screwdriver. I would have taken my Leatherman out of its holster on my belt to take care of the job.

    ReplyDelete