Friday, January 15, 2010

Spring thoughts

My sweet D has been sick all week. Seems as though the Phoenix Crud may have turned into a throat/sinus deal. Massages – cancelled. Cooking class – cancelled. I feel for her, being trapped at home all week. So, being the kind, caring husband that I am, I rented Julie and Julia last night. Not bad, although I don’t think I could handle Julia Child’s voice for more than the course of that movie. Wow. Her 540-some recipies look outrageous with butter, butter, and more butter. Anyway, if you need a chick flick, check it out because anything is better than a Jen Aniston movie.

Before said chick flick, I grabbed Bodhi and we knocked off a 10K in the wind and cold last night. Damn man, the wind was blowing something fierce, and I was glad to get back in the house. I hope to knock another 10K out on Saturday, but this time on the snowpacked trails before we get drilled with a 5-day storm system moving in on Monday. Snowbowl still has plenty of cover, but it’s time for some fresh powder. Inevitably, this means school closures and delays if this system measures up like everyone is talking about.

My yearly Owner’s meeting is a week from tomorrow, and even though I’m used to the dog and pony show, it’s still a weekend I always look forward to getting past. Fortunately, we had a pretty decent year in spite of the drastic dip in tourism. Going forward, I’m a little nervous about 2010 because we cut expenses so far in 2009 that there’s a precedent set for 2010 that says “Chris can continue to cut expenses so we make our goals”. Well guess what, there isn’t a whole lot left to cut. I can only hope that we continue to see a small increase in business like we did over the 4th quarter to help the revenue side of our profit and loss statement. Sorry, you probably fell asleep a sentence or two back.

I’m still feelin’ great after riding last weekend. Getting back on that MTB is so great. Running, boarding, skiing, basketball – man they just don’t add up to the thrill of railing a bike on crushed granite at high speed. We’re – officially anyway - less than a month into winter, but out here, spring is just around the corner baby, and I’m pumped.

1 comment:

  1. Since I haven't downhilled or skated in years, all I can think one Christmas passes is, "BRING ON SPRING!"

    ReplyDelete