Monday, January 18, 2010

Here comes the snow

According to the weather gurus we will either have 3, 4, or 5 feet of snow between tonight and Saturday morning. It's one of those "10 year storms" that I haven't seen since 1998, so make it a 12 year storm.

So, I took a break and went to Sedona yesterday and was led around by long time pal Jeff D on the new social trail network on the east side. These trailbuilders who are skirting the forest service laws are masters at their craft. I'd never been on these sections of crap your shorts drops and technical ascents. The 32x17 I had left on my bike since the races in PHX last weekend made it tougher than it should have been, but railing the downhill berms, ditches, and hand built rock trials sections was oh so much fun. An hour and a half later and we were back sipping Amber brew and calling Brett Favre the greatest thing since Wisconsin Cheddar, but I was frothing and chomping at the bit wanting more singletrack. I guess I'll have to wait a week and a half for this storm to pass and for the red dirt to dry out. 3-5 inches of rain in Sedona will translate into a bloody mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment