Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Garage Trainers

Drove home last night, jumped out of the car, quick change, grabbed Bodhi and cruised through the first part of a 6 mile run until I felt like Gandhi on a fast. Bailed after 3 miles, and ate eggs, English muffins, cheese, OJ, and washed it down with chips/salsa and two cans of beer. Jesus Focker, I think I was still hungry from that bike race on Sunday. Then I quickly went into turbo cleaning mode because by shit from the weekend was all over the place. Tent, chairs, clothes, coolers, dishes, bike gear – then mop the floors, laundry and a quick kitchen cleanup. Category 5 Hurricane Chris comin’ to a home near you. Damn, the place felt great when I was done.

D walked in late last night with the Phoenix Crud – when you breathe that particulate laden air for a couple of days, it can bring your ass down. I didn’t get it, yet anyway, knock on wood. She’s got a cooking class teaching crepe making on Thursday, so I hope she can kick it to the curb.

Garage Trainers Session tonight with Red Rock teammates 2nite. Looks like a 5-dude sausage fest at Goldman’s place. This is the only way I can ride the rollers. He has some Hi Def TDF coverage, and there will be some shit-talking going on, so I should stay motivated for an hour of spinning. Back to the running on Thursday as this 20 mile per week goal has been attainable, fun, and pretty good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment