Thursday, April 26, 2007


BALANCE (Part II)


In chatting it up with one of our younger employees yesterday, I again realized how naieve I was when I was 25. I thought I had a lot of responsibility then. I thought I was 'busy'. Back then, juggling social engagements seemed hard. Now I realize that youth really is king.


So, I do my best to handle work, family time, wife, daughter, fitness, and finally the community stuff (coaching soccer, cycling team treasurer). I can't always get it right, but I do try to. Somebody, or something always gets the short end of the stick - and quite honestly, its almost always me.


What I wholeheartedly believe in is this philosophy: You make the most of your time - 5 minutes or 5 days. Meaning if you have 1 hour with your spouse, you make it count. If you have only 30 minutes to ride - grab your f'n bike and hammer for 30 minutes. If you're blessed to have an entire weekend with your family, then soak it up.


Life is great, and if you don't take it hour by hour, day by day - then you're cheating yourself by looking ahead. Get in the moment if you can.







1 comment:

  1. Imagine if everyone thought that way, where you even cherished the down time and made it special.

    When a ride alone or a quite dinner with someone special was important.

    ReplyDelete