Sunday, April 22, 2007



kinda MELLOW legs not JELLO

its been a super-relaxing weekend, with no plans, no agendas, and a go with the flow 'tude. The only item on the check-list is Lyza's soccer game today at 2:30pm.

I got out on a 2 hour ride yesterday morning - MTB....I was still feeling the effects of the Dawn-Dusk event last Saturday, and the cumulative effect of 6 days off the saddle. I warmed up slow, and rode myself into a groove that got better as the ride went on. It could not have been more fun, and by the end, I was feeling strong and could have easily gone another hour. BUT parental responsibilities reared their reality-based head and I cruised home with energy in the tank for once.

Today was a relaxing climb on the road up to the ski resort. I rode with Easy E. It was about 40 when we started, and it warmed up to maybe 45 when we were done. We rode 24 miles, climbed 3000 vertical feet over a 9 mile section, and talked the whole time. It was one of those rides you just relish every now and then because its just plain fun. We worked a little bit - just enough to keep warm. Easy E fired up the espresso machine at home, and we warmed up over a cup o' Joe.

I have a nice week coming up with 3 days to work my ass off, and I will of course squeeze in rides every day as I'm training a new employee from 2pm - The Wupatki Loop will be the highlight this week. The next goal is still the Whiskey 50.....if the forest is still open. Word has it that we may have some trail restrictions this summer - as early as mid-May. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment