Monday, February 4, 2008

My winter training schedule called for cross training today - as in shoveling snow for 5 hours to get my car outta the driveway and then to help shovel the walkways at the resort. Great for the core muscles, and lower back......none of which I ever train or even have. So, I'm on Vitamin I tonight, that would be a billion milligram dose of Ibuprofen. Ahhhhh, I still feel like shit. Maybe I need a 24 ounce can of Tecate.

So, I decided to sign up for the 2nd AZ MTB State Series race this weekend. I'll likely get my ass handed to me since we have had nothing but snow for a month straight, and all of the tan f*ckers in Phoenix and Tucson have been riding in optimal conditions. Our state series starts in January since it's desert-based.....therefore it ends in May when most of us in Flagstaff are finally done with the cold and snow. D says that the elevation will help me despite the lack of training time. I say - yeah - for maybe an hour, and then I'll explode. I'm racing Expert/Comp this year again, and that means you don't even finish in the top 20 unless you have significant mileage in every week. Ahhhh well, it'll be 75 degrees and sunny down there, and I haven't seen that kind of weather since September. Plus I want to test some new tires for Pueblo the next weekend - and the bike too.

I'm absolutely crushed that I'm missing a ski trip to northern Utah this weekend. My ex-father in law needs some help, so Lyza's birth mother is back in Michigan helping him recover from cancer surgery. I'm loving the extra time with Lyza, but I was really lookin' forward with going on this trip with 9 other dudes from W.L. Gore - a bunch of smart f*cking engineers and PHD's with the exception of the clown who got me the invite. He's just an MSU grad - so you know he's there just to drive, tune skis, and buy beer.

So - off to the rollers for an hour.....it's 9:30pm. Maybe I'll throw a little TLC in the CD player - nothin' like a little TLC to get me rolling. I'm totally f'n kidding, but I do have a crush on the since deceased Lisa Left Eye Lopes. She's the one who burned Andre Rison's house down - and they kissed and made up after it happened. I think it'll be Warrant and Ratt tonight....fo' reals.

14-6 is better than 18-1 isn't it New England?

2 comments:

  1. I still have some naprosin. C'mon, you know you want it. Everyone else is doing it.

    Warrant and Ratt? Neva heard of them.

    The diffence between a perfect season and a perfect post season? Mr. Lombardi's trophy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you cursed that storm and guess whee it went, northeast, right at Wisconsin. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete