Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Did you see how much money GM lost last year?

They lost 38.7 billion dollars in 2007. As a result, GM offered buyouts to 74,000 hourly workers - their ENTIRE hourly workforce. I have a better idea, how about buying out shitcanning the upper end of the workforce?! All I know is that if my property lost money at the end of any given year, I would be tastefully shown the door with no apologies, no benefits, and no golden parachute.

The goal is to bring in a new workforce at lower wages, and to continue to produce the same vehicles. Gas guzzling, boxy, poor quality control, and of course dependent on gasoline. I wonder if they would ever consider, with all of their capital, starting a national movement of gasoline-free vehicles?

Johnny McCain was right when he said to the UAW that they would likely be losing jobs in the future - while Mitt Romney promised a resugence of jobs in the motor city.

I got a problem with Johnny though.....as I hope he doesn't sell out to conservatives. He's starting to walk the fence to please everyone and I wonder how much of that is political speak, and how much of it is really who he is.

My friend Ellen wrote to me today - here's an excerpt of her craziness after I told her how great it would be to be this generation's Frank Stallone:

"Seriously, you're right-- to be a Stallone would be a decent way to make a living, even if it meant that your Mom was this psycho... http://www.sonic.net/~atomicow/jackie_stallone.jpg
What up, Stalloney Boy! Crazye for Stallone. God, why have Stallone and Swayze never been in a movie together? That seems so wrong. Or have they been? Like "Throw Momma from the Train" or some crap like that!? Were they in "Too Wong Foo?" together? Anyway, it's too late now if they haven't been in a film together. They've both faded like wilted roses from a high school prom. "Rambo" is playing at the local movie house in Rottenwood. Jeezus, would Stallone PLEASE get some new material?? He's been milking Rocky and Rambo for the better part of the past 30 years. It would be like me carrying around Floyd's taxidermied body 20 years from now, taking photos of it in front of random locations long after he's dead. Ever see "Copland"? He was actually quite good in that. He's not a bad actor, truly, when he branches out. Though I do not see him ever making a "John Travolta-style" comeback. Don't call it a comeback."

1 comment: