Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bin . ger. cis . ing: –verb (used with object)

-to put through exercises, or forms of practice or exertion, designed to train, develop, condition, or the like: to exercise a horse.
-can be forms of eating, drinking, working, exercising, etc...beyond unhealthy - bordering on pathetic

I binge work, binge play, and am having a hell of a time finding a happy medium. It has been GREAT having D back for 2 weeks - and eventhough I have continued by bingeful ways, I at least know I have the opportunity to balance things out a bit.

I'm not working tomorrow; rather, preparing for and driving to Gallup for a 12 hour binge-fest bike ride. Maybe taking 3 days off this week will be good for me from a rest perspective, but I still feel behind in my preparation. On a better note - my Crank Bros. order came in today. New pedals, new cleats, some free schwag and have you seen THESE? Sweeeet.

I bought Lyza's birthday present yesterday - I found an original style X-box on E-bay with 9 sports games for $20 plus shipping. Here B-day is 7/27. Problem is, I want to fire it up tonight and see if she can kick my ass in FIFA soccer. She has 3 video game systems at her Mom's house and she rocks the controller already - so the odds are 5:2 in her favor. I'll go down cheating and swinging if I have to since I'm still bigger and stronger.

Bye - race report to follow on Monday with plenty of photos.

2 comments:

  1. How'd you do, Cadillac Brougham?

    Looking forward to reading the story about your trip to Gallup.
    I take it you didn't stay at El Rancho again this year?

    ReplyDelete