Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Squirty's school play was this afternoon, and she played a bluebird for the story Peter Rabbit. It was a bit part by Hollywood standards - 2 lines. I feel for her teacher. They had been working on this play for weeks, and the 15 minutes it took to pull it off seemed almost unfair to the teachers. They loved it though. I did too.

Leaving work at 1:30pm for the play meant I had the afternoon to hammer myself into the ground. I met Chris W. at his house and we hit it hard once up to the ski resort on our road bikes. He got me by a minute as I couldn't keep up when he threw it down from mile 2-3. 6 miles to the top and I was getting that lung burning cough that I covet - that means you worked hard. We joked at the top about puking, but instead ripped down where we stumbled across Gary. Chris W. went home and I went up to the top again with Gary. He was cool with a mellow pace since I had maxed out before. Down and back into town totaled 3 hours of riding for me. Hot tub soak, 2 burritos, a 24oz Tecate, and a pint of Haagen Dazs yogurt.

The Small Town D-Bags are registered for the 24 hours of Moab.....we need one more volunteer for the fun......anyone.....Bueller.....

Good thing I don't have a TV or I would have thrown a brick through it. The Twins gave another game to the Tigers and the Stars tanked against the Ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment