Tuesday, April 29, 2008

If Roger Clemens were Barry Bonds, his little slander case against his former trainer would be covered like a huge roid-infested slander case that was Barry Bonds circa 2002 – 2006. Here is the difference between the two: Clemens isn’t black. That’s about it. Both players dominated their sport for 20 or so years. Both were bound for the Hall of Fame. Both of their bodies actually became fitter as they reached their 40’s.

Clemens has opened up good ol’ fashioned box o’ Pandora – likely out of pride, spite and revenge – that will undoubtedly reveal a lot of less than savory morsels about himself and his family. He’ll get his due by either losing his slander case against his former trainer who claimed Clemens did ‘roids, or he’ll get his due by being excluded from the Hall of Fame. Or he’ll get both shitburgers for the price of…..well, a lot. I couldn’t imagine dragging my family through a nationally publicized trial about my personal life. Although, about all they could say about me is I’m boring, I ride bikes, and I fall asleep around 9pm every night. Woo hoo! There’s some Pulitzer journalism for ya.

4:30pm ride with the fast boys down in Cottonwood on road bikes today. I’m up for the pain of trying to stay with this group for a couple of hours – but that’s because I’m shining a seat with my ass at a resting heart rate right now. “Race” report to follow tomorrow.

2 comments: