Tuesday, March 17, 2009

All that you SHOULD leave behind....

The new U2 cd sucks. Every big name critic is kissing Bono’s ass on this traveshamockery of a cd and I don’t get it. I’ve spent 4 hours of time I’ll never get back trying to ‘get’ this collection of 11 songs to make sense in my head and other than 2 songs, the whole pile of plastic and paper is a flaming Bananas Foster fiasco. If I were in the CIA and some guys captured me crossing the Suez canal with plans to nuke some country over there – and then tortured me with this new CD and excluded tracks 3 and 5, I would tell the interrogator everything about everything until they made it stop. If they played Coldplay, I would hang myself with dental floss.

You can have my copy for the low, low price of $2.00+ shipping which will give me enough money to download the two tracks I liked.

5 comments:

  1. I so know what I'm going to play all the way to Wausau, then all the way to Sturgeon Bay, then all the way to Beechwood, then all the way to Menomonee Falls. Maybe I won't play it on the way to the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I'm looking forward to some Drop Kick Murphy's, a little 80's hair band collage of Winger, Warrant, and Leppard, and of course an infusion of the Beastie Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traveshamockery!
    The best word ever!

    Your first tip off shoulda been Bono's new emo eyeliner look, as seen on the cover of Rolling Stone. (That might work for Billy Joe Armstrong, pal, but he's about a dozen years younger and has been working that look from day one).

    Dude, I don't think you should beat yourself up too hard-- in years past u2 has been a real contender, reliable for decades-- so your purchase of this substandard selection only outs you as an optimistic "glass is half full" type. (But you see now the album was 80% empty!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on round 4 of this album, and I agree: SUCKS.
    I'm going back to My Morning Jacket and Kings of Leon.

    ReplyDelete