Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Referred....

...from the bone/joint doc to the same orthopedic surgeon who fixed me up before.  The MRI says no broken bones, rather, a torn ligament.  Out patient surgery in maybe a week or so - a few stitches inside and out, probably 4-weeks immobilized and I'm back mother f*cker.  April is totally shot, but by Memorial Day I'll be as good as new.  In fact - I'm going to put a goal out there to ride the Iron Horse Classic in Durango on Mem Day Weekend as a carrot to stay on my road bike.  The Flagstaff group ride is heating up.  Start time moved back to 9am and there were 22 riders last weekend.  I'm gonna go get me some group training this Saturday morning. Ain't no better training than that kind you get from riding with people who are faster than you.  That ride leaves me pretty much on my ass the rest of the day. 

I was going through the checkout line at the ol grocery store with a 30 pack of Tecate, limes, and ice cream - diet of champions, I know.  I look to my left and the Globe had a pathetic picture of an emaciated Patrick Swayze on the cover.  F*ck those f*ckin tabloid f*cks.  That's shameless "journalism".  Give the guy a goddamn break - he's fighting pancreatic cancer.  All I can say is those profit driven f*cks at the Globe better watch their karma meters - you shovel too much shit and you'll be covered in a landslide of it yourself sooner than you know it.
 

3 comments:

  1. So you gonna have surgery, pal?
    Good luck. Glad they finally figured out what's wrong.

    As for the Globe and other scandal mags capitalizing on other's misfortunes to sell their publication-- you are so right. How can those folks sleep at night? And this is coming from a long time (and now less frequent) reader of such trash. But even I have my scruples. When they start up on my Swayze, I just go CRAYZE and a little bit berserk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get them rides in 'cause come July you are going need them miles in the bank. 24-9 here we come, Coldplayers are going to be hamering the trails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coldplayers? OK then....costume ideas?

    ReplyDelete