Friday, March 20, 2009

Heart Attack

I spent no more than about 15 minutes filling out my NCAA bracket and ante'd up $45 for two separate pools. One has 20 entries with a grand prize of $450, and the second pool has 222 entries with a grand prize of something stupid like $3,000. So - I went for a semi-longshot in Villanova. When I came home from work last night and was getting ready for racquetball they were down by 14 in the second half to American University. American what? I turned off the wi-fi...went to the courts...played Luis for an hour and 15, checked the score and they had won by 13. Whew! A first-round bow out would have been a total shitburger.

This morning I took a nap for 40 minutes while the MRI machine scanned my wrist. The assistant put on a little Mozart and I was out cold. See ya next Tuesday Doc, and we'll know the full scoop then.

Milan-San Remo is on Saturday. Check it. Lance is downplaying his interest in the race, yet he has an entire Astana team of henchmen to help him. Lance the man, I ain't no fan - but I wouldn't wager against him and he's always fun to watch. Boonen, Napolitano, Cavendish, Flecha, Rebellin, O' Grady, Pozzatto - they'll all be there near the end of this one. Too bad Ballan and Cancellara are out of action or it would truly be a heavyweight battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment