Wednesday, March 18, 2009

F'd Up

That ride last weekend left me with a very sore left hand the last 10 miles. Swinging a golf club at a range with Juanski on Sunday - I felt a little tick in my hand on every swing and didn't have as much power as I usually do. So off to the doc today.....

Damn - X rays came back as 'positively inconclusive', but the doc then said 'oh you'll be in a cast'. Great. I get the ol' MRI on Friday Am for confirmation and then probably a cast next Tuesday. It looks like a broken scaphoid. The last time I broke one of these it was in my right hand and I was out of action for 5 months following surgery - then left with an atrophied stick for a right arm, and I actually took up the worst hobby on the planet besides methe addiction - running.

The good news is that you can ride a road bike with a short arm cast. Here's to praying its a short arm cast. Who am I kidding. the last time I prayed, it involved more of a life/death situation - so I better save my prayers for situations that really mean something. Here's to the power of positive thinking willing me a short arm cast for 6 weeks or less. Either way - it pretty much wipes out my April racing calendar which featured four great events - State Series Races #5 and #6, Dawn 'til Dusk in Gallup NM, and the Whiskey 50 in Prescott. Another way of looking at it is I just saved $350 in entry fees/travel/food. So I'm buying a new Espresso machine to celebrate the savings. Glass is half full, right Sheck?

4 comments:

  1. Dude, that sucks root. I'm thinking short arm cast and healed in time for a good, relaxing trip this summer.

    If it helps, I know a guy who knows a guy who may be able to hook you up with some "supplements" that will aid in the recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a Rancilio Ms. Silvia in your future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhh, you have good taste Mr. Harman. Maybe a Silvia with a Rocky Grinder to match?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont worry, 24-9 will suck your entry fees now that granny gear took over.

    ReplyDelete