Monday, March 2, 2009

Base Miles, Tiger Woods, and a Tool Teammate

It's freakin' 70 degrees today. What the? How the? I'm pretty psyched but my spring allergies just went from 0-60 overnight. Whew can I feel the pollen!

So I get an e-mail from a disgruntled guy on our cycling team who says "where are my clothes for the season and I'm not listed as a team member on the series results! You guys never update the website, and I want my money back for my clothes and good luck with your "team"". After I wrote a scathing response that included something like "You're a slow riding douchebag anyway so go f*ck yourself", and the old John McEnroe line "You can't be serious!", I curbed it back and explained that we're volunteers - and only one person in 3 years has stepped up to help the little Board of Directors we so eloquently call ourselves. We do this for camaraderie, good clothing to endure the self-inflicted pain better, and pro-deals on gear we could probably not otherwise afford - and he's a beneficiary of that if he chooses to accept that. Obviously not...he's looking out for #1.

We spent the weekend in Tucson with Tiger Woods. He was there, but we never connected. I even rode over to the golf course he was playing at around 7:00am and nada...he no-showed. Of course everyone else in Tucson was there too and we all had dates with Tiger. My Uncle Andy saw him and said he looked and played great, until he lost of course. You could imprison me or make me watch golf and it would have the same effect. BORING. But when Tiger plays, man, I could follow that guy all day. I got nothing against playing a round of 9 holes with friends twice a year, but other than Tiger - the pros do nothing for me.

Anyway, I got two nice road rides in, some time with the Fam - and knocked out a couple of birthdays for my Sis and Mom. Good times, and more to come in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment