Monday, March 23, 2009

Coach K

I wrapped up a catch-up call last week with one Johnny V. Chang this morning, aka Coach K because he's a spittin' image of Duke's stalwart hall of fame coach. This kid - I mean he's not really a kid 'cause he's closing in on 40 - is still to this day one of 'those guys'. You know he'd always be there for you when you went "all in", and loyalty is his middle name.

Coach K somehow managed to attain Active status in our fraternity despite a meltdown on night 2 of Hell Week, he battled chronic fatigue which I'm sure wasn't helped by downing pint after pint and shot after shot night after night, and he still managed to scrape his ass off of the puke-stained fraternity house - getting his undergrad in 6 or so years. Coach K now? Active duty in the Coast Guard, finishing his second Masters Degree - this one from Johns Hopkins, and he's got a bow-hunting smokin' hot wife from Canada. Her maiden name was Molson, so she's loaded. I made that up, but that would have been awesome if it were true. Although he loves Rush Limbaugh, voted for Bush twice, tried to bang my sister in college, banged Kenny's sister in college, and mised wide right in a soccer game against the PIKES back in '88 that kept us out of the Championship game, I can look past all that. Hope to see you this fall Johnny.

2 comments:

  1. Why does everyone else in your blog allowed to maintain some anonymity except for me? I’m grinning ear-to-ear with your somewhat flattering commentary about my life. To set the record straight, I never tried to bang your sister…well maybe I had some hopes, but they were dashed when my car overheated on a freeway in Phoenix and I stranded her and I on our way to someone’s wedding. Next, I will admit to my one and only meltdown while a pledge and for being a republican (caused possibly by the same person). Allow me tell your adoring fans who was to blame. I had several older fraternity brothers that I looked up to, my big bro Kenny, Scotty “the Hong Kong tycoon”, and the guy I always wanted to be just like. You know the type: tall, blond, jock (google “remember the titans sunshine” and you’ll get the gist). Back then he easily passed as a card carrying member of the college Republicans. He was a mean s.o.b. to all the pledges, but I saw through that exterior and recognized that Minnesota Nice. Since he was best friends with my big bro, he had an understanding with him not haze me too much while I was a pledge. Then one night, out of the blue, the Scandinavian stud lays into me for hours on end. The one guy I never thought would give me a hard time just laid into me as if I had just tried to bang his lil sis (that came about 4 yrs later). Weeks, maybe months, or years later, I found out that he was asked by my big brother to give me hell. So yes, I’m a raging conservative that cringes at the thought of the next 4 years – but I blame it all on my hero back in college – our illustrious blogger himself: CTB. Charm City awaits you in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothin' but love JVC! October in the Charm City - lookin' forward to it.

    ReplyDelete